Wednesday 15 August 2007

Do they all support us number 8

As we marched into Leeds we were greeted along the way by two Labour MPs, Colin Burgon and Colin Challen. Unfortunately I missed Colin Burgon as I was off on an interview for Radio Leeds, but my colleagues assured me he was supportive of our demands and critical of the government.

Colin Challen is a very progressive MP; the first time I heard of him was when he asked a probing question in Prime Minister's Question Time about a secretive but very important international trade agreement (GATS for any long-standing World Development Movement campaigners reading this blog).

Colin is one of the most active MPs campaigning on climate change and certainly supports what we are calling for. Let's hope he can persuade enough of his colleagues to do so.

Distance covered so far: 405 miles

No comments: